Candidate Melissa S. Myers Special Announcement
- Category: Politics
- Published: Thursday, 16 June 2022 22:03
- Written by commu122-ca
I am proud to announce that, as of today, (June 13, 2022), the Myers Campaign has officially qualified to be on the ballot.
Thank you to all of our supporters. Your continued support has shown that we need to use our power and elect the right people in office. I promised to bring awareness, education, and resources to our communities, and our campaign has continued to live up to our promise.
Here's a recap of how OUR Passion Campaign has contributed to our communities so far:
1. Partnered with local landscaping company "5 Reasons Landscaping" to provide free tree trimming services to Our Seniors before hurricane season.
2. Instructed a free course on educating small business owners on how to become MBW/MWBE certified, a program that gives the opportunities to obtain lucrative government contracts.
3. Passion Speaks a Discussion on Mental Health
4. Passion Speaks a Discussion on Affordable Housing
5. The Passion Campaign Vehicle Contest: Offered discounts from various small business owners in the Orange County area to members of our community.
6. Good Trouble Episode, "Our Forgotten Seniors,": Highlights Senior Linda Lee and the help she needs from elected officials.
7. Partnered with Concec Medical to provide Free Drive-Thru Covid Testing for members of our communities.
8. Donated toys to a local nonprofit organization to create a reading program for the youth.
9. Collaborated with a local organization to promote Career Development programs for our youth who aren't college-bound.
10. "The Silver Stage Where Passion Meets Music": A Youth Concert bringing awareness to HIV/AIDS in the State of Florida and promoting healthy lifestyles.
11. Melissa Myers is highlighted on Channel 2 news as she goes before Ocoee Commission to advocate for creating more programs to bring more lucrative opportunities for small business owners.
12. Patients Awareness Day to bring education on Medical Marijuana
13. Trojans Service Day at Evans High School
14. Melissa visited Assisted Living Facilities in District 40 to hear the concerns of our Seniors and the Facility Directors. She also delivered gift bags to our Seniors.
15. Melissa S. Myers Challenge a contest for music artists to present the most popular song to promote getting out to VOTE.
16. Rallied for those that lost their lives in Buffalo, NY. Aired on Channel 6.
17. Championed the Step Up for Students scholarship for school choice to give families education options for their children.
18. Provide meals to families for Thanksgiving Dinner.
19. Went before City Commission and sat down with city leaders to advocate for more Mental Health Resources in our communities.
20. Held "Conversations with a Cop,": An event where community leaders and local police officers had tough conversations.
21. Held "Casting with a Cop,": An event where families spent a day fishing with local police officers to bridge the gap between law enforcement officers and our communities.
22. Championed for various Pop Warner teams to bring awareness of the funding that our youth sports programs need.
23. Championed and advocated for those who have lost their loved ones due to senseless violence.
24. Advocated for our First Responders (Ocoee Firefighters) to bring awareness to their department's ever-growing issues.
25. Appeared in a list of television and radio interviews and speaking engagements, advocating for our communities.
And the work continues…
"Political Advertisment paid for and approved by Melissa S Myers, Democratic Party, for State Represenative, District 40"